Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Is there a special tool I need to change my serpentine belt?

It is a 1990 Chevy s10 Blazer 4.3l v6.
Is there a special tool I need to change my serpentine belt?
It helps to have a Serp Belt Idler Tension wrench, that is a long bar about 3 foot, that has crows feet wrench attachments to it that gives you the fulcrum you need to slack the belt.



You can get one at a parts store near you:



online at harbor freight.



http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/di鈥?/a>
Is there a special tool I need to change my serpentine belt?
lol no. theres certail tool to make it easier but other than that wrenches will do. it depends what you have to take apart to get to it too..
You can get a serpentine belt kit or use a 3/8%26quot;or 1/2%26quot; long arm ratchet with the correct socket.
You could actually do it by hand; I've done it myself. But anything long and sturdy will work to release the tension on the tensioner.
Yes. You can usually go to an auto parts store and rent one or they will let you use it for free if you do it right in the parking lot. It goes into the belt tensioner and u pull on it to release the tension to remove the old and put on the new. Parts stores like Auto Zone have specialty tools that u can rent or borrow but u will have to leave a deposit to ensure that u will return it.
  • common name given to
  • cs files
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment