Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I need to change the serpentine belt on my Taurus?

I have the lay-out of how the belt goes on but I dont know which way to move the tensioner idler, do I move it back toward the fire-wall or ahead toward the front of the car to loosen it
I need to change the serpentine belt on my Taurus?
You won't break the car, by turning the wrench the wrong way. Quit being a puss about, and just do it
I need to change the serpentine belt on my Taurus?
you should be able to tell once you have the belt close :)
most of the time torwards the firewall
I have one in the driveway. What year?
didnt say what year or engine. usually pull it towards you, towards the radiator. make sure it doesnt bind, that is, it is spring fed so make sure it pushes the pulley back against the belt. if it binds get a replacement and change the tensioner and belt all at once
You should only be able to move it one way to loosen the belt.
THE TENSIONER SHOULD HAVE A 1/2 INCH DRIVE SLOT TO USE A RACHET OR BREAKER BAR....BE SURE ANY SUPPORT BOLTS ARE LOOSE AND THEN LEAN ON THE TENSION WITH THE TOOL TO RELEASE THE BELT PRESSURE.....THERE SHOULD BE A DIAGRAM UNDER THE HOOD SHOWING THE ROUTE......GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment