Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What kind of belts do I have in my 2002 Hyundai Accent?

Just changed my spark plugs and flushed my coolant and now I want to change my belts cause they are sounding squeaky after 70k miles. Is it just one serpentine belt or are there three seperate ones? Couldn't tell for sure just looking down. Is this something I can probably do myself?
What kind of belts do I have in my 2002 Hyundai Accent?
I would have a reliable shop or the Hyundai garage do it for you. More than likely it is just the one belt and 70k is just about due. Shouldn't cost you any more than 3-400 including parts and labor. Another shop may charge less but ask if they will warranty the work.

Most Hyundai service will warranty the repair parts and labor for a year after the date the service is performed. Also keep in mind they recommend you do that every 60k so if you still have the car at 130k you should have it changed again!

No comments:

Post a Comment