Friday, September 23, 2011

I have a high pitched noise coming from the engine area of my 2003 Saturn L200. Can anyone give any ideas?

I suspect it is coming from the exhaust intake area on the backside of the motor. Already changed serpentine belt. The noise is not there unless you press on the gas. It does it in neutral as well as driving.
I have a high pitched noise coming from the engine area of my 2003 Saturn L200. Can anyone give any ideas?
I don't think it has anything to do with your exhaust unless it has developed an air leak that sounds like a high pitched squeal. It's not very likely that is the culprit. Noises like this can be very hard to pinpoint. BUT... High pitched noises are usually related to a bearing that has become dry from wear and is getting close to overheating. Many engine parts that must rotate to do their function have bearings. You may want to check the Alternator. They can commonly cause a high pitched noise when the bearing is going bad. Usually if you remove the belt after you have driven the car, you hear the noise and the engine is still hot you can spin the pulley with your fingers and you will be able to feel that it's not moving easily. If it feels gritty when you turn it and it makes any audible noise you have found your problem. Good luck.
I have a high pitched noise coming from the engine area of my 2003 Saturn L200. Can anyone give any ideas?
My idea is to take it to a shop that has a stethiscope to determine where it's coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment