Friday, September 23, 2011

Can I change the serpentine belt in my v.w. passat without going to a mechanic?

What tools would I need?
Can I change the serpentine belt in my v.w. passat without going to a mechanic?
If you can locate the tensioner, this rides on the back of the belt

and is spring loaded I would give it a shot. but if the a c compressor is driven by a v-belt and must come off first, then I

would reconisider. the routing of all serpentine belts are on a sticker under the hood someware. to remove the belt on the a c

compressor requires removing the tire and crawling under the car

and you will need a set of metric allen wrenches on a 3/8 drive socket set and another person. it is a pain
Can I change the serpentine belt in my v.w. passat without going to a mechanic?
If you don't know what tools you need; I would suggest taking it to a mechanic.



It is doable but you need some mechanical knowledge and to get the belt tight enough but not too tight.
a breaker bar 1/2 in pull back tensioner take off old belt put new one on in reverse of taking off
Try this: autozonecom/servlet/uibroker They will explain to you how to do it and what tools you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment