Friday, September 23, 2011

Could a replacement of the serpentine belt cause air pockets? ?

My SUV (Ford Explorer) seems to be holding back when I drive it after the change of the serpentine belt. I was told to drive the car, so the air pockets could be removed.
Could a replacement of the serpentine belt cause air pockets? ?
the only problem i could see with power loss is a loose belt.check the tension
Could a replacement of the serpentine belt cause air pockets? ?
i just had my serpentine belt replaced last week, and so far, nothing's changed actually in my car or my driving. so maybe, your problem could be something else.(?)
I don't see how a serpentine belt would play any role in air pockets whatsoever (unless something was opened in the cooling system the same time it was opened). Yes you can drive the car if you have air pockets, but I would strongly suggest driving around with a jug full of coolant and VERY often check the coolant level and attempt to keep it topped off.
Changing the serpentine belt has nothing to do with air in the cooling system.

No comments:

Post a Comment