Friday, September 23, 2011

1991 chevy s10. I just changed my serpentine belt. I have a loud squeaking.?

The belt is on correctly, the tensioner seems to be fine.



I bought an idler pulley but decided not to install it. My old belt broke after 15k miles. So something is wrong. Should I go ahead and change the idler pully?



And what is causing this loud squeak? I know its normally because the belt is slipping, but the automatic tensioner shoul take care of the slipping? any suggestions? Thank you
1991 chevy s10. I just changed my serpentine belt. I have a loud squeaking.?
Go over each and every pully, and apply lithium grease at the connection points to the motor. My 98' blazer had a simular problem. It ended up being the alternator seizing up on me. Check your fan also! Lube the snot out of your cooling fan! And, yes, as a preventative, you should go ahead and change out your idler pullies. Oh, and it couldn't hurt to condition your belt every 3K miles, especially if you live in the cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment