Friday, September 23, 2011

Serpentine belt changed now Im having problems?

I had my belt changed and now my steering wheel is really hard to turn I went to work today and could not even get my car in the spot b/c it was so hard to turn and its squeeking so loud when I start the car this is the second belt that was changed it happened the next day after the belt was change ......now hes telline me oh it could be the pully am I being jerked around? I dont understand how that could have happen as soon as he changes the belt? what could be wrong what should I do
Serpentine belt changed now Im having problems?
if the belt which was replaced is the correct size %26amp; not too large(loose), then there is a very high probability that the tensioner assembly is bad. there is a spring within the assembly which many times, if going bad, will not bounce back to the proper tension adjustment. this almost always occurs after moving the tensioner in order to change a belt.



-ken
Serpentine belt changed now Im having problems?
Sounds like belt is slipping. Might need a new tensioner.
Sounds like the powersteering belt is way loose if its ruining belts the pulley may be bent or have damage to it!!
sounds like to me the wrong belt was used to replace the old one. New belt being to long will cause it to slip and that is why it is hard to trun
could be what was bad to start with the pulley that tightens the belt they do go bad many replace them when they replace belt cost like 30 bucks for my car but if its squealing belts not going to last long if its not bad already
If Man had a Special tool to bring Tensioner to have slack for Removal--On the other hand if He didn't: He had to force it on and

in my opinion Power Steering Pump Bearings were damaged;
I think you are being jerked around. He put the new belt on and it is not tight. That is either because he did not tighten it, it is too large and therefore can't be tightened enough or the tensioner just happened to go bad when he replaced the belt (oh please--makes me gag).
wrong belt, improper tension, belt not routed on pulleys correctly, bad tensioner pulley, power steering fluid low?
  • dog
  • listview bug
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment