Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why does my 1999 monte carlo stall past 4 rpm?

I have a 1999 monte carlo, and I changed the water pump and serpentine belt recently and I did bleed the engine. Now when i rev up my engine in nuetrual when I get to 4 rpm it starts stalling. Any ideas? This car has 97,000 miles and needs a tune up soon, Could it maybe be the spark plugs or wires? Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Why does my 1999 monte carlo stall past 4 rpm?
your computer has a rev limiter to prevent engine damage. that i will cause your engine to stutter and try to stall when your in park or neutral and you rev it up past 3500 rpm. it makes the car idiot proof.
Why does my 1999 monte carlo stall past 4 rpm?
maby a fuel filter would help with a tune up....im not sure what motor you have...was the water pump driven by the timing chain?..maby that's not lined up correctly
It would seem that one of two things could be an issue. Fuel pump pressure or a severely loaded fuel filter that's restricting fuel flow.



It's a good policy to replace the plugs, wires, cap and rotor with genuine AS-Delco parts if they haven't been done in the past five years. Ignition coil issues can be tricky to diagnose. A GM engine analyzer hooked to your on-board computer would tell you if one of them was laying down on you causing cylinders to drop off. If one of the coils is faulty you loose two of the six cylinders.
Why are you reving it up while just sitting there?

That's silly.



ADDED:

Well, I guess you shouldn't just sit there and rev it up.



Does it drive OK??

I don't see what the problem is.
LOL.



It's just the neutral rev limiter kicking in?



OMG.

No comments:

Post a Comment