Thursday, October 6, 2011

What might be making the squeeking sound in my Jeep?

Last month I changed the serpentine belt so I'm pretty sure my belt is good. But the last few days I've noticed a squeeking sound...almost like a bad belt for the first several minutes that I am driving. It's from the engine compartment, I can tell that. And it has been VERY cold here in the midwest if that means anything. Any ideas where to look and what to look for?
What might be making the squeeking sound in my Jeep?
If it's an older Jeep that doesn't have a spring loaded tensioner pulley, you probably just don't have the belt tight enough.
What might be making the squeeking sound in my Jeep?
possibly the belt. could be a bearing going out of the alt, a/c compressor, pulley. try put some belt dressing on it and see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment