Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I have a 2000 ford mustang V6 coupe. when ever i turn the car on it starts screeching reallu bad? why?

i changed the serpentine belt and it stopped for like a week and then it started up again and i dont know why...the car is a manual
I have a 2000 ford mustang V6 coupe. when ever i turn the car on it starts screeching reallu bad? why?
I would check all belts and make sure that all pulleys turn and have no side to side play. Thanks
I have a 2000 ford mustang V6 coupe. when ever i turn the car on it starts screeching reallu bad? why?
better check the rest of the belts.....
there are more belts than just the serpentine.
Your belts may be loose. Either you need to manually tighten them (as i do in my car) or your tension spring is weak. I would check these two and see if that fixes the problem. I do not suggest the sprays that they say stop the squealing of belts, they do not work well at all.
Probably one of the tensioner or idler pulleys has worn bearings that act up most when the engine is cold. It is always a good idea to replace the pulleys when you replace the serpentine belt. Another possibility is that your water pump bearings are starting to go bad. Check for water leaks under your car. Good Luck!
Did you replace the belt tensioner?
  • streamreader
  • graphics animation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment