Thursday, October 6, 2011

More Serpentine Help?

I changed my serpentine belt eariler today, and when I started the car, it sounded like it was staining, the overall sound of the car was higher pitched (like a 'weeeeeeeee' instead of a 'whrrrrrrrr'). I checked the belt, and I saw it was slipping off of the tensioniser. I slipped it back up, and started it again, only for the same results. I check the same spot, and it was slipping again. Does this mean I need a new tensioniser?
More Serpentine Help?
tensioner berings are going bad
More Serpentine Help?
TENSIONER PULLEY BEARING MIGHT BE SEIZING UP..THEN AGAIN YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK TO MAKE SURE THE BELT HAS THE SAME NUMBER OF RIBS AS THE OLD ONE..WITH BELT OFF..SPIN ALL YOU PULLEYS, AND SEE IF ALL ARE ALIGNED.

No comments:

Post a Comment