Tuesday, October 25, 2011

1991 ford explorer making noise?

I have a 1991 ford explorer it is making a a noise it sounds like crickets. I have changed the serpentine belt, the two pullies, alternator, and finally the water pump. I removed the serpentine belt and started the morter and there was no noise so it's not the engine. Please let me know if you can help.
1991 ford explorer making noise?
Well without actually looking at it you probably have some bad ball joints. Possibly its your radiator fan clutch is bad. That will make some noise. That also could be the brakes. Im just curious at how you started the car without the serpentine belt. I've never been able to do that. You could have your brakes checked, and you could have the Fan Clutch changed out. But see if the bearings somewhere need to be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment