Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why am I getting poor service at Pep Boys?

Okay, here's the deal. I dropped my car off last night at pep boys so it would be worked on in the morning to get my serpentine belt changed because it was wore, my car was squealing. It now almost six o' clock the next day and they aren't even done with it. i have called four times already. I thought it would be done by 4 since i had work, so i missed work. I am paying at least $300 altogether. I'm seriously pissed.
Why am I getting poor service at Pep Boys?
I would be upset too if I was paying $300 to have a $29.95 belt replaced.

Unfortunately you did not tell us what kind of car/truck, what engine it has in it and how old it is, so we can not give any specific answer.

Any repair shop has several vehicles to work on in a day. Some are fixed before others because of scheduling and amount of work needed , with small jobs being used as fill in work ( somehting to do between big jobs ) They apparently are running behind .
Why am I getting poor service at Pep Boys?
Come on, it's Pep Boys man. Doesn't your town have a real mechanical shop?



The fact that it is a Jetta could have something to do with it though. Though many people consider them great cars the fact remains that their parts can be reasonably expensive and difficult to find, not to mention hard to change.



Tell them to shove it and take your car to someone with more sense. Don't be afraid to tell them that it is a load of crap, it is your car after all?
Pep Boys totally suck...i have used them 3 times..NEVER again...every time i took my van in for a repair...poop boys ALWAYS found something else wrong with the van and fixed it...WITHOUT calling me first...they seem to always find something else wrong..i knew a guy that went in and got 4 new tires...they put them on ok...except 3 tires the white walls wer out and one tire the white wall was in...he took the car back the next day..and they told him it would be awhile because they were busy...5 hrs later they got to his car..
I wouldn't let Pepboys empty my ashtray.

Why would you pay $300 for a 10 minute job with a $50 belt?

No comments:

Post a Comment