Thursday, October 6, 2011

What kind of belts does my 2002 Hyundai Accent have?

They have 70,00 miles on them and they are sounding kind of squeaky. Just changed my spark plugs and flushed the coolant system so I think I am up to this challenge. But is it one big serpentine belt or three seperate small ones? I can't tell from looking down. Is this something I can do myself?
What kind of belts does my 2002 Hyundai Accent have?
I know the Elantra has 3 belts, but I'm not sure about the Accent with its smaller engine. Also remember that your timing belt is due. This belt is inside the engine and should be replaced at a Hyundai dealership. If you neglect the timing belt and it breaks, your pistons will crash into your valves. This means a major engine rebuild or new engine. Since your drive belts need to be removed for the timing belt to be changed, you won't be charged any extra labor to have them done at the same time. I'd say just take it to the dealer and get it done. Your car will go another 70K without needing anything but regular maintenance until the next timing belt job.
What kind of belts does my 2002 Hyundai Accent have?
The same kind of belts your mom whips you with in bed.
I don't own the Accent but I'm pretty sure it uses 3 belts like my Elantra. It isn't a hard job but if you're not comfortable changing them it's not that expensive to get it done by a mechanic. $60 to $120.

The timing belt should be changed too if it hasn't been done already.
it will have 3 multi rib belts if the car has ac and power steering. it isn't that difficult to do. it may be squeaking because you got some coolant on them Rinse them off with a hose at idle and the squeaking will stop after a few minutes. DON%26quot;T use any belt dressing on these types of belts. They get even noisier with that stuff.
  • database
  • representative of male teenagers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment