Friday, June 3, 2011

I have a 2001 Saturn L Series. Does anyone know when you should change a serpentine belt?

When I bought the car it had 60,000 miles on it. Should I start changing everything?|||you should start doing maintenance items and a belt would be one of those items.





belt should have been changed at 36,000 just by maintenance intervals..





so 60,000 yes it should be changed





you will also want to do these things if not already done:





plugs and wires


engine flush at next oil change


fuel filter


trans service


coolant flush


brake fluid flush





these items are based on regular maintenance intervals|||When you see small cracks in it.|||The Saturn folks will tell you to replace it every 60k. Personally, I replace stuff when it breaks. I have 170k on my 2001 Saturn S Series... no problems.





Do this - take a look at the belt a couple of different times (it%26#039;ll stop in different places each time). How does it look? Frayed, cracked? If so, replace it... if not, don%26#039;t

No comments:

Post a Comment